Saturday, 7 November 2020

Mini Project: Remembrance Day Wreath

Every year, we support the Legion with the purchase of a few poppies and a donation. Needless to say, we have accumulated quite a few poppies. 

You know I love a good re-use project, so I decided to use a few on a quick and easy project this year: I picked up a generic wreath base and some fake baby's breath at my local Dollarstore.

Then, had a little glue-gun fun with some asymmetrical placement of fake flowers, and we've got a minimalist wreath ready for the front door!


Tuesday, 29 October 2019

Hallowe'en Bling

What do you do when Michael's has a sale on glittery Hallowe'en spiders? Make Hallowe'en bling, obviously!

 I bought some felt and cut it to the shape that I thought would be flattering for a necklace or collar.

Wednesday, 21 August 2019

Dishwasher Woes: New Cabinet

Before and After:

It finally happened: The old dishwasher gave up the ghost. It clunked and chunked, and generally didn't really clean well any more, so we had to replace it.

Monday, 22 July 2019

Reclaiming the Fridge

If you have kids, you know that you don't plan to have a fridge covered in artwork, notices, and magnets from the vets, restaurants or builders... But there it is, nonetheless.

By the time your little snot goblin is 4 years old, your fridge is overflowing with stuff. Stuff that falls off if you look at it sideways, or heaven forbid actually open the door. Also, who gave that child a dry-erase marker?? Oh ya. I did...

Sunday, 9 June 2019

Colour Catalyst - Room Revision

Well, adding a naked Burt Reynolds picture was a good start!! Check out that post here.

However, some things just don't sit right, but you live with them for a while until you have the time or inclination to change them.


For me, it was the grey curtains in our bedroom. I really wanted to see white curtains, but certainly not if the wall was white... And down the rabbit hole we goooooooooo.


Saturday, 11 May 2019

Getting Tiki With It

It is finally happening, people!
The Tiki bar of my dreams is coming to fruition.
Look at these beauties that I scored today at VV boutique. Me for the win!!
These faces say, "Put something fruity and fabulous in me!".