Tuesday 25 May 2021

Mini Project: Threshold Beautification

We needed to replace the rubber gasket on our threshold. This past winter it was obvious that a draft had developed from under the door. 

It is a super simple task: Purchase new aluminum threshold, cut it to length, and install it.

Once I got the old threshold off, however, I couldn't ignore how much it needed a new paint job.

Why, oh why do I make easy tasks into a whole thing?


So, I pulled out some leftover paint from my daughter's bedroom makeover. Okay, so it didn't take that much more effort, and only an extra hour of time to allow paint to dry. But I am still going to complain.

That looks way better, though!

Though, now I want to sand the door, paint the trim, change the entrance rug.... Okay, Okay, all that for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check us out on Pinterest and Instagram too!