Friday 29 March 2013

Easy Artwork: Doing Things Backwards

If you are in a regular visitor to my blog, you will have noticed that I bought my very own mat cutter.
Reference this against all of the framing I have been doing herehere and here.

Since I am in a framing mood, I have been pulling out all sorts of our artwork that has been rolled up in storage mode.

We have all sorts, such as - autographed posters, paintings from Haiti and Africa, charcoal drawings, and even a generic Ikea print leftover from my husband's ex-girlfriend!


Anyway, I opened up this African piece.
As I unfurled it, I realized that it was not printed on a regular canvas, but rather the canvas from a flour mill in the Congo. Resourceful!

SO, I framed it.


Wait... Did I do that wrong? LOL.
Hey... I say, if you find something interesting, why not display it... chicken poop and all.


(I don't actually know if that is chicken poop, or just dried mud or dirty flour... but it is fun to think that I framed chicken poop!)


Although it is unconventional, it is a really interesting image to me.


Combined, my husband and I have done some extensive traveling, so adding a few decorative pieces from trips is a great way to tie it all together.


We have a marble vase from the Middle East that did not survive the trip back to Canada.
Luckily, I had some clay, and used it as a sculptural project to re-create some of the parts that had broken to the point of dust. No it isn't as beautiful as the day it was bought, but I think it is infinitely more interesting.


Finally, it is not really a post unless Grey gets involved... LOL
If you didn't see him yet, he is on Desire to Inspire's, pets on furniture post, here!

9 comments:

  1. I do love you child...why am I not surprised that you have framed the back of a painting and made it look incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is a bit odd, but sometimes, I can't help but like the things I am not supposed to, over the things I am. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It kind of falls into your 'wheelhouse'.
      Figured you would like it.
      :)

      Delete
  3. :) poop de chicken ... very nice !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poop. I would so do the same thing. Also, I love that your mom commented! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, the Mom and the MIL are fantastic avid readers of my blog. I have them fooled that I am some kind of genius.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE this. I have a whole stash of flour sacs waiting for cool things to be used for!
    -Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean!! I am taking a second look at a lot of items as possible artwork.

      Delete

Check us out on Pinterest and Instagram too!