Saturday 13 April 2019

Sewing 101: Apron Dress

Left over material is a great motivator for trying something new. I saw a retro shirt pattern on Pinterest, and thought I could probably convert it into a dress.


Looks easy, right?


I had a little fabric left from a recent dresser project. So I cut two the same, with a neck scoop.


Next, I hemmed each side, and attached the two sides at the shoulder.


Finally, I hemmed the neck, bottom, and added ties at the appropriate places on each side.


A super cute apron dress!! Great for that girl on the go; it allows for full range of motion. Now I can make on for me!



Special thanks to my model for a stellar range of poses.

2 comments:

  1. Ah Millie is just precious! And I am loving the simplicity of that dress. I can't believe that's the secondary project you got out of that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Alex. I am quite happy with the simplicity of this outfit... And yes using up extra fabric was a bonus.

      Delete

Check us out on Pinterest and Instagram too!