Tuesday 2 October 2012

Artwork: Garage-Sale/Sail-boats find a home!

I bought these fantastic sailboat watercolours at a garage sale... I spoke a bit about them in this post.


I bought the artwork just because I thought the line work in it was phenomenal, and the watercolour was good. Also, each of the works were fairly local to here. When I got home, I started to do some research on Ben Babelowsky. Turns out he is a well-known Ottawa artist, and has work in collections throughout the world. Soooo Yay me! This four-part is called "Tall Ships" from 1984.




 This one says, "USA's 'Eagle' in front of Quebec City's skyline".


"Great Britain's 'Marques in front of Toronto skyline".


"Canada's 'Blackjack' in front of Kingston skyline".


"Germany's 'Gorch Fock' on the St. Lawrence River".


I measured out my spacing, and hung the picture hooks.


With the spacing to my satisfaction, I re-loaded the credenza with the fan and other pieces that bring more colour into the room.


The credenza post can be found here.
The fan post can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. Just noticed that I should have re-cleaned the glass after putting them up! tee hee

    ReplyDelete

Check us out on Pinterest and Instagram too!