Sunday 19 May 2013

McHaffie Flea Market: Morrisburg

We just had an amazing junking trip to the McHaffie Flea Market today!
This was my first time to this one, which has not only an average size outdoor section, but also has an incredibly expansive indoor section.

Today's post will be mostly photographic in nature - I managed to get a few good pictures that show the wide diversity of items that we came across.


CARS! Looks like there are some red-lines in there.


I enjoyed the random collection of bellows, harmonica, book, and tambourine.


These little dog figurines were no larger than an inch high... loving the wee Scottie.


Le Sigh... I am still looking for a card catalogue that I can afford. This one was $850.
Old bottles and glass telephone insulator.


Retro snowshoes - we had a pair when I was growing up on the farm.


The Austrian map, Melting Plastic ended up taking home with her at a very cheap price.


Moving along to the inside booths... Jebus!


Pretty girl.


An odd arrangement of flask, naked baby, and knives... makes perfect sense...


A really interesting weaved basket, and a beautiful fan.


Sparse display of cool radios and NY Yankee nesting dolls.


Coke - 'nuff said.


We moved on to Williamsburg where we had passed a cool old theatre and antique store.


The original marquee is all that is left of the theatre - inside it has pretty much been gutted.
Cool sign, eh?


I thought this rusted Noxzema jar looked interesting amongst the pastels of the rest of the assortment.


Hubby found some Harry Potter glasses...


They looked better on him, than me!
Tomorrow's post will show what we actually brought home with us!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't been to that flea market in several months. It's pretty decent (for our standards). Can't wait to see what you scored!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I liked it a lot. We had a ton of fun - went down memory lane a few times - and scored more things I do not need! :) Basically, an excellent day had by all.

      Delete
  2. Oh can't wait to see what you brought home! I nearly died when I saw that library card catalogue (I secretly want to be a librarian when I grow up. I own enough cardigans already). And I hope you got that teeny porcelain doggie!

    And while I can vicariously shop through you, I hope you picked up that fan. Those gold blades got me cray. And those photos of you and hubby are so adorbs :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, that FAN!!! Yes, gorgeous right? No, they wanted close to $300 for it, so it certainly did not come home with me. But....

      Delete

Check us out on Pinterest and Instagram too!