SO, having said all of that, I thought I would spend a few weeks blogging about all of the DIY things that I did. This is the first of 5 Monday posts on wedding projects.
Let's get started!
The first thing we needed to do was decide on a colour scheme. Grey, black, and yellow won the day.
After we decided on a date, we made our STD. Can I just say, that I think using the acronym for Save-The-Date is immensely fun for me. Heeeeeeee. STD. Moving on.
Oh, and you likely noticed that we got married on a Tuesday. Just a weird thing about getting married at a resort - things are cheaper and easier to do mid-week, so that is how we came to be married on a Tuesday. Plus, we had the added benefit of the Monday being a holiday in BC, so if anyone was taking that week off, they got a free day.
Anyway, back to my DIY stuff. We then had to ask our friends to be our attendants. For my Bridesmaid, Nicole, and my MOH, PatC, I used bubble-gum rings in ring boxes with a note. It was like I was proposing to them.
I thought it was ridiculously cute all wrapped up in silver ribbon.
Then our beloved friend Ness was asked to be our Emcee. I found this kids purple Dora the Explorer microphone, and painted it black & grey. I then used damask paper for the handle. I finished it all off with ribbon glued wherever there was a change in colour, and topped it with a yellow tied ribbon at the base. Luckily she said 'Yes'.
In Illustrator, I made up a fun wedding invite in the style of an event poster, and used the colours of our wedding.
At Michaels, they have a plethora of wedding invites to choose from. Problem was that there wasn't any one invite that I liked. So I bought 2 different ones, and mixed and matched to get an eclectic mix. As you will soon see, I really played with pattern in all of my DIY endeavors.
This was likely one of my favorite projects... and possibly one of the easiest, too.
I covered 6 plain brown Moleskine writing books. Actually, first glued a piece of ribbon to the spine. Next, I put a print on the inside cover. Finally, I did the outside, allowing the cover to fold over into the inside. Rubber cement is your friend for a task like that.
Stay tuned for part 2 next Monday!!