Saturday 5 November 2016

Copper Curtain Rod

Make do with what you have.

What I have is two stubby little black curtain rods.
Cute, but those drapes are not functional. At all.


A quick solution was to replace two rods with one.


Oh and these finials. I guess they are okay.
I just feel they can be so much more interesting.


Hubby was kind enough to grind down one of the finials to a point.
Now I have an arrow head and the fletching. Ta-Da!
A little copper paint, and I achieved a passable match to a copper rod from the plumbing section of the hardware store!


The end result is great fun and makes our TV room much more functional.


And we can now close our window treatments when it is too bright out or the weather too cold (we are in Canada, after all).


And it worked just as well on our other window too, though using a much longer rod.


Now, what to do with a small section of left over copper rod? Take a page out of the Interior DIYer's book and turn it into a stylish blanket holder! Check out her post here.

2 comments:

  1. A small change for both windows, but what a difference! Especially the finials - A+ for making the most out of what you got.

    Also, I don't know why but copper pipes are so expensive here. There are so many projects I'd love to do with copper pipes but I'd pretty much need to take out a loan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That is a shame. I am lucky it was affordable because that second window is super long.

      I have to admit, I was pretty happy with the finials. Sometimes my brain poops out some brilliance. Sometimes.

      Delete

Check us out on Pinterest and Instagram too!