Sunday 7 August 2016

Mini Dresser for My Mini dresser

My neighbour put this out before garbage day a few months again.
I thought it had potential, so I brought it home.


It is a night stand, but I thought I could use it in Millie's room.



 I took out the drawers out and sanded everything. The drawers I put a water based stain on.


After 3 coats of stain, it was ready for a some tung oil. I use that stuff for everything.


The nightstand box was also sanded, and I gave it a few coats of fresh white.
The stained drawer fronts were protected, and then I painted the sides and insides fun colours.


Drawers 1 and 3 are ivy green and drawers 2 and 4 are red.


I bought 4 new legs, which I stained.
It turned out great!


It is a perfect addition to Millie's room and suits her growing independence. See original post about her room here. 


Just her size; Millie approved.

3 comments:

  1. I have to admit Pat, when I saw you were painting the body of the dresser white and keeping the drawers wood I made a face. Holy balls, was I wrong. It looks so fantastic, and I really adore the green and red flashes when the drawers are open! Very well coordinated with bedside bunny. It's really amazing and the new legs really top (or bottom) it off!

    p.s. MILLIE Y U KEEP GROWING?! U R VRY CUTE THO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I went typically MCM with the white/wood thing. Not very creative, I know, but it is an aesthetic that I enjoy. As for matching bunny... TOTALLY A HAPPY ACCIDENT. I threw it up there not even realizing. Worked out well, eh?

      Delete

Check us out on Pinterest and Instagram too!