Tuesday 22 October 2013

Mini Project: Painting Stuff

Mini Project Time!!!

I came across this little holder (sadly, without anything to hold) at VV Boutique.
It stands about 9 inches tall, and is painted an ugly gold-vomit colour.

As you can see, I finally perfected my psychokinesis... (or is it levitation?) skills.


I wasn't entirely sure what I was going to do with it, or if I can find anything to fit in it, but sometimes you just gotta go with it.


I got it home, put some dental floss around it, and hung it on the clothesline in the back yard.
I found a really great blue spray paint in the workshop that I really don't remember buying.
Plus, I was feeling especially thrifty, and didn't want to purchase another can.


With the legs thoroughly painted, I was able to take the stand down, and paint the top bit, making sure to get the spot where the dental floss was too.


It came out pretty great!
Now what to put in it?


Earlier this summer, I bought a bunch of planters for my growing array of succulents (one of the only plants I am able to keep alive).

This one came from Value Village, but I think it is an Ikea planter. Either way, it was the perfect size for my newly painted plant stand!


Add a 'Kool' painting from back in this post, and you have a perfect vignette.
Ha, puns; 'Kool' because it is painted with Kool-aid. Ha ha.
Screw you... it was funny!
Meh.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ha!!
      See, someone thinks I am funny... or just feels bad for me.
      Meh, I will take pity laughs.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAA, Kool. I get it.

    What an adorbs little plant holder! From the first picture I thought it was massive. And I will admit, I fully spotted the bit where the floss was and was hoping you sprayed over it. Great minds.

    Such a cute vignette! So Kool.

    ReplyDelete

Check us out on Pinterest and Instagram too!